The Bingara and District Cancer Action Group was established in the 1970s and became affiliated as a CAG Services member of the Cancer Council in 1994. The group participates in the Cancer Council NSW workshops, forums and research (group and locations studies).
The group holds its meeting on the second Wednesday of each month, commencing 1:30pm at the Gwydir Learning Region, Riddell Street, Bingara.
- Support for cancer patients, their carers and families.
- Equipment pool housed at the Community Health Centre (available free of charge)
- Experienced counsellor
- A range of detailed information sheets and booklets on all forms of cancers
- Forms (a stand is in the Gwydir Shire Council Office, Bingara)
- Booklets at the Medical Centre and Hospital
- Sunscreen on sale at the Radiance Shop, 62 Maitland Street, Bingara.
Events we support…
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- Daffodil Day
- National Breast Cancer Day
- Regional Network Advocacy
- Cancer Voices
Support of the Cancer Council Campaigns…
- State Government Isolated Travel Subsidy
- Smoking: Campaign for smokefree venues
- Promotion of TV advertising for nutritious food during prime time viewing
Community work we do and support…
- Palliative care
- Sunscreen at local events
- Swimming pool
- Swimming carnivals
- Thompson Cup
- Pony Camp
- Special Events
- Preschool and Central School
- Yearly business directory calendar
- Annual Rotary Bowel scan