The Warialda Pioneer Cemetery was closed to burials in about the 1900s, following the establishment of the new cemetery in Mosquito Creek Road, which opened about a decade earlier. After many years of decay and neglect, and under the provisions of NSW cemetery legislation, the Warialda Pioneer Cemetery was converted into a park by the then Yallaroi Shire Council, in the 1970s or 1980s.
In accordance with the legislation, Council was required to compile a list of all known burials at the site. It did this by recording the remaining legible inscriptions in the cemetery and by reference to the register of deaths maintained by the Deputy Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages at the Warialda Courthouse. Council constructed a memorial wall, pictured above, on which were mounted a number of headstones from the old cemetery, together with a list of deaths registered at Warialda up to and including 1900, of persons believed to have been buried in this cemetery.
Australian Cemeteries Index