The Bingara Swimming Pool was originally constructed in 1964 and in 2020 the complex was essentially flattened to make way for the magnificent new Bingara War Memorial Baths.
The Complex offers the ideal place to relax and cool off during the summer months and is open each day from October long weekend to the end of March. Set in extensive park lands and conveniently located next to the Bingara Riverside Caravan Park and opposite the Gwydir River, the pool is an easy 10-minute walk from the shopping centre.
With qualified supervision at all times, the pool proves to be a popular venue for birthday parties and local functions.
The pool complex includes:
- 25 metre pool
- Splash program pool which has a number of interactive water features and sprays, a super soaker bucket and a 60cm deep area for toddlers to learn to become familiar with water by floating and blowing bubbles
- Full kiosk facilities
Other new/updated inclusions:
- Air conditioned activities room
- New signage including animals found near or on the Gwydir River
- New kiosk and entrance
- New carpark including dedicated disabled parking spot
- New turfed mound
- Updated amenities building: new toilets, hand basin, tiled floor including all ability access
- New gardens including olive trees along caravan park fence
- New fencing at the front of the precinct
- Sandstone blocks at front of building